[platform-swt-dev] Fwd: Eclipse 2.1 on MacOSX Built! but....

Re-post of earlier message sent under an unregistered alias.

Hope someone can advise.

Thanks.

From: Paul Nixon <paul.nixon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue Apr 8, 2003  4:57:19 PM Europe/London
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Eclipse 2.1 on MacOSX Built! but....

I have downloaded the 2.1 drop and built the macosx/carbon version.

I only needed to make two minor changes and one additional step:

(i) add a macosx/carbon condition in build.xml to pick up the platform features for MacOSX

(ii) edit the plist for the launcher app as it was left with a reference to "$JAVAROOT" in the classpath for startup.jar

(iii) copy the launcher app to the Eclipse root.

And now Eclipse launches.

HOWEVER, when I click on the Preferences I get an alert:

"Unable to create the selected preferences page.

Plug-in org.eclipse.idt.debug.ui is unable to load class org.eclipse.idt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.VMPreferencePage".

If I click OK I get the navigation tree to preferences but clicking any leaf on the tree gets a similar exception to that quoted above.

Any clues as to what was missed from the build.

Tx.

Back to the top