Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT Text class -Pocket PC Bug

Friday, March 28, 2003, 10:56:32 AM, patrik.2.mihailescu@xxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,

> (Apologizes if this email appears twice, but l forgot to subscribe
> before l sent my first email).

> I noticed a bug when using the Text class under the Pocket PC OS.
> Whenever l create an instance of the Text class, and set the text
> (using the setText() method), the last character is missing. This
> occurs when I'm using SWT (RC3 build) with J9 under the Pocket PC
> OS. For instance if l set the text to 'ABCDEFGH', the 'H' character
> is not shown in the Text box.

> Here's a sample piece of code that demonstrates this. Also when l
> try this code under W2K (RC3 build), it works (ie. shows all the
> characters).

> Display display = new Display ();
> Shell shell = new Shell (display);
> shell.setLayout(new GridLayout());

> Text txt = new Text(shell, SWT.SINGLE | SWT.BORDER);
> txt.setText("ABCDEFGH");

> shell.open ();

> while (!shell.isDisposed ()) {
> if (!display.readAndDispatch ()) display.sleep ();
> }
> display.dispose ();

> cheers,

> Patrik

These kinds of questions should be asked on the eclipse.tools
newsgroup.  That said, you might try using a different font - there
have been problems with the way PocketPC renders a 9-point font in a
Text widget, for example.

David

David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx