[platform-swt-dev] OLE: Attaching to existing instance of IE

I have had great success using the org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32 package to embed an IE object into my SWT app.

However I was wondering if there was a way to NOT embed but attach to an already up and running instance of IE. I have looked at bit at MSDN and they refer to an "GetActiveObject" API function which will return the IDispath of the running instance.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q238975

Is there a way to do this via swt's ole?

If so, but is there also a way to iterate through multiple instances?

TIA!

Evan Vaala

Back to the top