RE: [platform-swt-dev] A question about stand-alone SWT applicati ons

Title: RE: [platform-swt-dev] A question about stand-alone SWT applications

> > .....\plugins\org.eclipse.runtime_2.1.0\runtime.jar
>
> > is *not* even available in the eclipse-rc3b release.
> > (that particular directory does not exist). Now
> > I am really confused.
>
> Often what happens is the jar files are refactored to produce
> better organization.  Of course this means that documentation
> can lag the implementation.
>
> I'm not sure if for standalone JFace programming you need
> more than Jface.jar and swt.jar.  You could certainly try it
> and see.  Perhaps someone else can chime in with the
> definitive answer.  I'm pretty sure this is covered on the
> Eclipse Wiki or in an FAQ somewhere.

Actually, the Wiki and FAQ are probably lagging reality here.  What's happened is that the docs you have seen are correct through Eclipse 2.1.  However, in Eclipse 2.2, there has been an effort to remove the dependencies between JFace and the other JARs.  Since I haven't moved to the 2.2 stream yet, I don't know what the new requirements are.  You'll probably get a much faster answer on e.tools than here since most of us are really SWT people here, not JFace.

Good luck.

Dave

Back to the top