Re: [platform-swt-dev] A question about stand-alone SWT applications

Tuesday, March 25, 2003, 5:57:30 PM, j.random.programmer wrote:

>> That said, since you said you are using SWT
>> standalone and not JFace,

> Actually, as I mentioned in my original post, I want
> to use SWT and JFACE both and both in standalone
> mode (JFace is just a framework on top of SWT right) ?

It wasn't clear to me from your message since in the subject and one
other place you referred only to SWT.

Yes, JFace is a framework on top of SWT.

>> all you really need on your classpath is swt.jar.
>> The other 4 jars
>> are not necessary.  You will also need to provide
>> the
>> java.library.path VM argument pointing to the
>> location of the SWT .dll
>> file.

> .....\plugins\org.eclipse.runtime_2.1.0\runtime.jar

> is *not* even available in the eclipse-rc3b release.
> (that particular directory does not exist). Now
> I am really confused.

Often what happens is the jar files are refactored to produce better
organization.  Of course this means that documentation can lag the
implementation.

I'm not sure if for standalone JFace programming you need more than
Jface.jar and swt.jar.  You could certainly try it and see.  Perhaps
someone else can chime in with the definitive answer.  I'm pretty sure
this is covered on the Eclipse Wiki or in an FAQ somewhere.

David

David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top