[platform-swt-dev] Building swt libraries on Linux PPC

I'm trying to get Eclipse up and running on Gentoo Linux on an iBook2. I'm
having a bit of trouble as the instructions in the swt FAQ don't quite seem
to exactly match what I'm seeing (I've downloaded
eclipse-SDK-RC3a-linux-gtk.zip).

So far I've unzipped the package and changed dir. to
$ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.linux.gtk.source_2.1.0/src/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_2.1.0/ws/gtk,
then unzipped both swtsrc.zip and swt-pisrc.zip. I then edited make_gtk.mak,
and changed IVE_HOME to point to the root of my jdk, JAVA_JNI =
$(IVE_HOME)/include, and GTKLIBS = 'pkg-config --libs $(GTKTARGET)'.

Running build.sh then seems to fail with:
richard@penfold gtk $ ./build.sh
Converting files from DOS to UNIX format:
    callback.c
    callback.h
    gnome.c
    structs.c
    structs.h
    swt.c
    swt.h
ld -x -shared \
    `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0` \
    -o libswt-pi-gtk-2133.so swt.o structs.o
ld: unrecognized option '-Wl,--export-dynamic'
ld: use the --help option for usage information
make: *** [libswt-pi-gtk-2133.so] Error 1

I don't have enough (any) native linux dev knowledge to know what to try next.
Perhaps someone could tell me where I'm going wrong?

thanks,

Richard

Back to the top