Re: [platform-swt-dev] Removing children from composite components.

No.. It would not suffice as lots of children would be created and making
them invisible would only cause wastage of memory.

T & R
Indukumar

                                 David Whiteman
                        <dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxx           To:  platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                          .edu>           cc:
                        Sent by:                          Subject:   Re: [platform-swt-dev] Removing children
                        platform-swt-dev-admin@             from composite components.
                        eclipse.org

                            03/25/2003 04:16 PM
                              Please respond to
                               platform-swt-dev

Tuesday, March 25, 2003, 9:58:43 AM, Vellapilli Harimenon Indukumar wrote:

> Is it possible to remove children from Composites? I have a requirement
> where I have to dynamically add and remove children from a composite.
> Adding to a composite is easy, but removing a control from composite is
not
> possible. I think invoking dispose on the children to be removed will
have
> unwanted side-effects. Is there any way to do this?
> Thanks in advance,

Would setting the visibility off/on meet your requirements?

David
David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx