Re: [platform-swt-dev] Password Text

>>Get real on the desktop and stop writing code to lay out panels and effecting property state. Humans, and that includes programmers, have a god-given and evoled miracle of a signal processor ... Use it for drawing GUIs. Stop writing mechanical code to effect property state or appearance in a GUI.

But I like writing code to effect property state and appearance in GUIs. I think it's the right thing to do. Code that can generate the right widgets and layout at runtime is a beautiful thing and it allows for extensible UIs.

How do you draw something like Eclipse? The code adapts to all the plugins, views, actions, etc that are present at runtime. How do you draw a GUI when you don't know what it's going to look like?

-Jesse

Lane Sharman <lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

03/03/2003 12:15 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev