RE: [platform-swt-dev] SWT 101

I can't really call it "my way", since I wasn't involved in designing SWT.
And I can't obtain proof of it in any acceptable, reasonable way, so I will
do without. What's more, the lightweight approach of SWT (just sending
"setWindowText(handle,buffer)") sounds intuitively much better than coming
up with complex logic that will affect the label's size, position, container
size, and so on. And based on experience, I can see that such "intelligent
logic" will be hard to debug. Therefore, I don't need more information (with
additional effort) to evaluate these alternatives. Deciding on whether to
obtain additional information or not, is what most people eventually learn
to do, confronted with decision-making in the real world.

Back to the top