RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

From: Randy Hudson

If you look at many of the deviations from "accepted OO design", you will see that they result in a smaller bytecode and a smaller runtime Jar.  SWT runs on Windows CE, maybe even a few cellphones out there are running SWT.  The fewer KB, the better (for embedded clients).

If you're argument is that this is a bare-metal screamer at the cost of non-standard APIs, then I think you're going to see a lesser acceptance in the corporate world.  If your focus is embedded clients, then your argument makes sense, but personally I'd be shooting for a broader market acceptance.  And remember, I come from corporate IT, so my viewponit is obviously skewed that way.

Joe

Back to the top