RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

> From: Erik Poupaert
>
> It takes effect immediately. Just look at the code that
> implements it. What
> it doesn't do, however, is to resize your label from width zero
> to the width
> needed to show the text you've set. So, in your case, the text you've set
> remains invisible.

And the change only occurs when layout is called.  As Veronika pointed out,
this reduces flash.  Okay, I can understand that.  And I would have been
perfectly happy with it if the call to layout didn't also undo my
setTextWidth on my text field, resizing my text field.  Now, I can do that
by adding a GridData object to the text field, but why didn't I need one to
set the INITIAL width of the text field?

Joe

Back to the top