RE: [platform-swt-dev] SWT 101

Joe, instead of arriving late at the party full of criticisms and design decisions, expecting
everything to work exactly as you would have designed it, then complaining when it doesn't,
why don't you try and educate yourself first?  For example, here's some good documents
that describe widgets and layout:

http://eclipse.org/articles/Understanding%20Layouts/Understanding%20Layouts.htm
http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget/Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget.htm

Have you read these?