RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

When a setter/getter is provided, it implies that calling that method will
cause something to take effect immediately.  The use of public fields in
GridData and GridLayout is deliberate.  In most cases, the application
will update several fields and then to have the changes take effect they
must call layout.  Since laying out widgets is expensive and can result in
flash, you do not want to change each little thing one at a time and cause
a layout to occur each time.  This is a general design philosophy in SWT,
not an oversight.

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/27/2003 11:33 AM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev