RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

Well, since BeanInfo requires defining getters and setters and other stuff,
I guess it boils down to creating a normalizing wrapper, doesn't it?
Wouldn't the results satisfy, as well, the afficionados of more orthodoxy in
the design of the APIs?

I, personally, can live with the raw material.

I've created my own source code generator, swtmodelartist, which more or
less understands the ideosynchrasies of SWT. It's a command line tool,
however. It takes a definition file, aka "swtmodel", and generates sources
for it. It's very similar to the XML-based stuff I've seen around SWEET; but
since I don't like editing XML manually, I've reverted to an ordinary
grammar, parsed and visited by SableCc. If I have time, I'll create a GUI
for it, but not today.

I'd like to publish it; maybe someone else likes it too; but I'm afraid,
I'll have to find a good location first.

Back to the top