RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

Why not write the wrapper? There seem to be at least one project (SWEET)
doing so.

None of this is stopping people from using SWT. If SWT is considered "hard",
it will be for the same reasons AWT and Swing are considered "hard", while
Visual Basic is considered "easy".

There is perhaps a strong demand for tools that enable these programmers to
drag & drop non-descript widgets onto a form, double-click them and then
copy & paste SQL from a QueryByExample tool into the event handlers.

I'm sure you're right, but I was attracted by SWT because it was not like
that. It's a bit rough on the edges, but the sourcebase is small and
understandable, while being potent enough to carry the weight of something
like Eclipse.

Back to the top