RE: RE: [platform-swt-dev] org.eclipse.swt.SWT

> From: Erik Poupaert
>
> It's much better than a manual, or other non-descript
> documentation one could draft about SWT.

Not for everyone.  It's useful as an adjunct to a manual, but snippets can
only show you how somebody else did something; they don't lend themselves to
creating new and better uses of existing code.

Don't get me wrong - the very adept programmer can use a snippet as
inspiration to create new things.  But a reference manual allows a
programmer to see what all is available in a widget without having to wade
through the code and come up with new ways to do things.

Joe

Back to the top