[platform-swt-dev] [ANN] SWT/Fox - initial commit in CVS

(This is a copy of the message I posted in the newsgroup. Thought people
on this mailing list might be interested..)

Today I did the initial CVS commit (in SourceForge) of my SWT / Fox
(www.fox-toolkit.org) port.

I won't repeat the reasoning behind this project. Please, use the search
facility of the Eclipse site to reach the earlier posts concerning the
port.

I will just reiterate: volunteers that want to contribute to the port
are
*welcome*. In fact I need help, because porting SWT is a huge effort;
one
developer is hardly able to do it on his own.

Project Home Page:
http://swtfox.sourceforge.net
(Well, I've not uploaded anything there yet.)

Project Status Page (it allows CVS browsing via the web):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/swtfox

CVS Location:
cvs.swtfox.sourcefoprge.net/cvsroot/swtfox/
(Anonymous access is not available via extssh. Use pserver instead.)

Project state:
--------------
Generally, the project is still in the initial stages of development;
large parts of the API are not implemented yet.

- The graphics subsystem (org.eclipse.swt.graphics.*) though, is nearly
implemented, although not thoroughly tested.
- Widgets: the event handling is there and seems to work.
  Control & Widget are almost done.
  Button/Checkbox & Label are also mostly implemented and seem to work.
  Work on Tree & shell is started.
  Composite & Canvas are largely commented out. Work on the other
widgets
has not started yet.
- Work on printing & dnd hasn't started yet, but these have low
priority.

The C++ part of the project currently compiles & runs on Win32 / VC6.
Once the API implementation reaches a reasonably complete stage, I will
port the native part to Linux / autoconf / gcc which is the real target
of
the project. (The fact that Fox runs on Windows is a mere convenience
that
allows me to develop on Windows.)

----

I forgot:
One needs a distribution of FOX 1.0.X in order to compile & run the
thing.
I myself still use 1.0.26 but I guess any of the newer 1.0.X versions
will
do as well.

Back to the top