[platform-swt-dev] SWT on 64-bit platforms

Hi,

There was a mail thread on the topic around Sep 12, 2002, and no further discussion since then, as far as I can figure out.

What is the current status?  Is anyone working on the project?  Is there a plan?

I have looked into the issue briefly.  So far, I figured the following:

- Change type of any Java variable that holds native pointer from "int" to "long".

- Make corresponding JNI function prototype changes.

- Keep memory management of native side separate from JVM.  In other words, native code is responsible for freeing memory it allocated.

I am sure I don't have my arms around the whole issue, but I have a serious interest in getting this done one way or other.

Please give me guidance on how to proceed.

JK

Back to the top