RE: [platform-swt-dev] Overrriding default behaviors

This fits perfectly well in the general problem that framework builders are
usually never involved in the vertical, end-user applications that will use
the frameworks; so, they won't know that the following things are essential:

GUI:
(1) editable grid
(2) multicolumn combos

Language:
(3) dates: primitive date type with good date support (no months from 0 to
11, please!!! do you hear me, Sun?)
(4) amounts: primitive fixed point type (you can't do money calculations
with floating point types; do you hear me, Sun?)

Instead, they keep on adding things that they think are interesting, but
which have little or no use in vertical applications.

Back to the top