RE: [platform-swt-dev] Open Combo programatically

Title: Message

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe_Cornu@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Christophe_Cornu@xxxxxxxxxx]
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Open Combo programatically

Hi Federico,

Not with the SWT api. You can try the message CB_SHOWDROPDOWN, it seems to be supported on WinCE - I just haven't tried myself yet.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url="">

Thank's, I'll check your suggestions.

 ¿Are you saying you can't use the stylus of the iPaq? On this platform, you are expected to click on the combo box arrow down with the stylus to bring up the list of choices. That's the way regular apps such as Word work on this device.
It's an application to be used with the pocketpc inside a case (to avoid shock and misuse) and the customer doesn't want to use the stylus but still have all the usability... It'll be in the streets handled by salesmen.

If for some reason you can't use a stylus - but this is surprising  -  I'd suggest  another workaround: use a combination of a List, and a Text widget instead of a Combo. You will then be able to show/hide the List as you want.

Yeah, nobody here thought of that, but it's a nice hack... we'll see if we need to get to it.

Thank you.

"Federico Daniel Tello Gentile" <fgentile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/18/2003 12:27 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev