Re: [platform-swt-dev] not true monospacing with eclipse on OSX

If the version running on my Windows 2000 based PC is anything
to go by, then the issue is actually due to the font being used.
The default font used for the editor is "Courier", which doesn't
appear to be monospaced ( by design or error, I am not sure ).
Changing the editor font to "Courier New" sorts out the issue.

Andre

Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've seen that behavior as well. It's definately a bug. You should enter a report for it if you don't find one that describes it first.

McQ.

*Timothy Kettering <timster@xxxxxxx>*

27/01/03 16:39
Please respond to platform-swt-dev

To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx cc: Subject: [platform-swt-dev] not true monospacing with eclipse on OSX

I've noticed that on my Mac, (M4, OSX 10.2.3), I don't get true
monospacing.  I'm using monaco, and I noticed that if i type something
like "finally" - the "f" and "i" get compressed into one character.. i
believe that's a standard feature for certain text for readability, but
its not something I'd want to happen in a text editor.  This also
happens with courier fonts.

I was also wondering if other people were seeing the same behavior.

Also does anyone here think that the default font for the package
explorer perspective is way too large?  I really liked the size it was
in M3 (and I like the font used on Windows' version of Eclipse even
more..  its readable and doesn't take up too much space.)  Even at
1280x1024, a medium length package name will be too long.  I think an
excellent font to use for this perspective would be the font that
ProjectBuilder uses for it's file explorer.  I can ask around for the
specific font type/size.

I have been unable to find any way to adjust this font size in the
preferences.  is this hard coded in?

-tim

André-John Mas
Software Developer / Développeur Informatique
Newtrade Technologies Inc.
63 de Brésoles, Suite 100
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2Y 1V7
ajmas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tel +1 514 286 8180 x322
fax +1 514 286 8184

immediately and delete the original without making a copy, disclosing
its contents or taking any action based thereon.

Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez en aviser
immédiatement le signataire et effacer l'original, sans en tirer de
copie, en dévoiler le contenu ni prendre quelque mesure fondée sur
celui-ci.

Back to the top