Re: [platform-swt-dev] Re: FW: SWT History and Design Decisions ( WAS: [platform-swt-dev] AWT Toolkit using SWT (was: From Swing to SWT))

Sorry Lane and all.  The SWT team is swamped right now chasing GP's and hangs in Eclipse 2.1.  The feature and code freeze is in two weeks.  I think the best thing you can do is get something running and make use of the Wiki and possibly the bugzilla report to exchange information.

Let me give you a quick word of advice, the S in SWT stands for two things: Simple and Small.  Any API you propose or mechanism you invent will need to be as light weight as possible, even if that means sacrificing truth and beauty.

Steve

Back to the top