[platform-swt-dev] SWT and Renderers

I have a Swing background, and I'm having trouble understanding the concept of Trees in SWT

In SWT, TableItem is used to fill a Table with data.
In Swing, i was able to have a data model that could be rendered to the table in different ways.
In SWT, if i want data to be shown differently in a Table, i have to change the contents of each TableItem.

For example, if i have a list of dates as longs, i may want to display them in a format that is dependable on user preference. Do I have to go through each TableItem changing the text field?

Have i understood this correctly?

Cheers,
Moira

Back to the top