[platform-swt-dev] RE: FW: SWT History and Design Decisions (WAS: [platform-swt-dev] AWT Toolkit using SWT (was: From Swing to SWT))

Title: RE: FW: SWT History and Design Decisions (WAS: [platform-swt-dev] AWT Toolkit using SWT (was: From Swing to SWT))

> You can contribute code/ideas to SWT in a number of ways.
> 1) create a bugzilla report against SWT (probably as an
> enhancement) and
> attach the source.
> <<SNIP>>

Thanks Veronica.  I have created bug report #30022 describing this feature request and including a copy of our plug-in.

Jan and anyone else who wants a copy is welcome to grab it from there. :-)

Best regards,

Dave Orme
Advanced Systems Concepts

>Steve, Veronica, (and those SWT heroes whose names I don't yet know):
Advanced Systems Concepts would like to donate all of this work to the
Eclipse project as the start of a >standard GUI builder adapter layer.
>We are willing to work with anybody (including but not limited to the
>SWT
team and other stakeholders such as Lane and Scott) to make sure that the
final result meets everybody's >needs.  We are willing to be the official
committers for work done on this plug-in so that this will not result in
the SWT team needing to do any additional work.
>Lastly, we are open to including this work officially as a part of SWT
(even though it would be a separate plug-in similar to JFace), making it a
separate project under Eclipse.tools, or >structuring it however you feel
is most appropriate.
>How can we do this so that the interests of all stakeholders here are
best served?

Back to the top