Re: FW: SWT History and Design Decisions (WAS: [platform-swt-dev] AWT Toolkit using SWT (was: From Swing to SWT))

Hi Dave,
You can contribute code/ideas to SWT in a number of ways.
1) create a bugzilla report against SWT (probably as an enhancement) and
attach the source.
2) post the source to this mailing list.
We can not accept source sent to us directly.
Alternatively you could become a steward and present your ideas to the
eclipse board.  See:

http://www.eclipse.org/org/steward_join.html
http://www.eclipse.org/org/member_agree.html

>Steve, Veronica, (and those SWT heroes whose names I don't yet know):
Advanced Systems Concepts would like to donate all of this work to the
Eclipse project as the start of a >standard GUI builder adapter layer.
>We are willing to work with anybody (including but not limited to the SWT
team and other stakeholders such as Lane and Scott) to make sure that the
final result meets everybody's >needs.  We are willing to be the official
committers for work done on this plug-in so that this will not result in
the SWT team needing to do any additional work.
>Lastly, we are open to including this work officially as a part of SWT
(even though it would be a separate plug-in similar to JFace), making it a
separate project under Eclipse.tools, or >structuring it however you feel
is most appropriate.
>How can we do this so that the interests of all stakeholders here are
best served?

Back to the top