RE: SWT History and Design Decisions (WAS: [platform-swt-dev] AWT Toolkit using SWT (was: From Swing to SWT))

Sounds kinda like dynamic proxies...
-- Scott
-----Original Message-----
From: platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Christian Gruber
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 5:45 PM
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: SWT History and Design Decisions (WAS: [platform-swt-dev] AWT Toolkit using SWT (was: From Swing to SWT))

That’s just nasty, Scott. ;)

Although… (OT) there is a really nice piece of code I picked up a while ago which is an arbitrary listener factory.  Not self-modifying, but it did build bytecode on the fly.  Basically it took your interface, your callback instance, and the callback method name and built a class to adapt your hook to the listener hook.  It was really really useful for association objects and other event listeners in GUI apps.  I’ll have to dig that one out.

Cg.