Re: [platform-swt-dev] From Swing to SWT

David Whiteman wrote:
Wednesday, January 15, 2003, 10:24:48 PM, Lane Sharman wrote:

Everytime I study the base class of SWT, I become more frustrated. For
example, it is very important that every widget have a local, relative
name. There is no setName(), getName(). There is no
setProperties(ProperyList), getProperties(PropertyList). Sigghhh.

There are setData() and getData() methods that allow you to store any
Object.  Could you use these to store a collection of properties?
No. There needs to be strong type checking for properties to work. A PropertyList object follows a strict data pattern of types. so you need setProperties(PropertyList) and getProperties(PropertyList). This would overload the methods too much. setData(Object) sets the data value for the widget, eg, new Boolean(true), for a check box widget.

see the api docs:
http://opendoors.com/conga/2.2/docs/javadoc/marimba/persist/package-summary.html //property and persistence
http://opendoors.com/conga/2.2/docs/javadoc //overall

-Lane