Re: [platform-swt-dev] From Swing to SWT

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 03:34, Michael Privat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would be very interested to hear some opinions regarding a process to
> convert a swing based application to a SWT based application. I know
> there is some effort to create a standard SWT_AWT and vice versa
> container to allow mixing the two toolkits but I am interested in
> knowing if there are any patterns one might try to follow when
> converting to minimize the effort.

Right now I'm converting/planning to convert a projet to SWT
(dbmjui.sf.net, swt code is in cvs, instructions in the readme). I
managed to port/find equivalents to everything except table renderers.
You can have custom CellEditors (a checkbox in a column for exemple),
but table renderers are not available. I'm still trying to find a
solution. If your project does not rely on advanced table support, I
think you can convert to SWT without problem.

> Cheers
> Michael

Back to the top