Re: [platform-swt-dev] Fw: [cdt-dev] SWT C++ port

Hi Andre,

> Just curious: why do you see  a need for this?

Because I wouldn't like to bind my product to Java. At least, I wouldn't
like to bind it to a virtual machine. So I still consider using a Java
native compiler, but so far I haven't seen the performance I need in these
products.

> And you want to implement SWT in C++ on all platforms?

I need it for Windows and Linux (GTK2). I really don't see this as a work
from scratch, because the SWT Java code already uses Win32 and GTK2 the same
way I would need for C++. So in my opinion, much of the work is really
Java -> C++ syntax porting.

Best regards,
Cesar

Back to the top