Re: [platform-swt-dev] Packaging of MacOS X distribution

The latest integration build (and eventually M4) has addressed this
problem.
You will now get a zip file that contains a tar file.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Andre John Mas         |
|         |           <ajmas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           >                      |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           12/16/2002 10:58 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |        To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                |
  |        cc:                                                                                                  |
  |        Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Packaging of MacOS X distribution                                        |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I just downloaded the M3 build of Eclipse for MaxOS X and
was confronted with an application that quit as soon as the
icon appeared on the doc. Further investigation indicated
that this was because the main excutable did not have
execute permissions. Correcting this gave me a launchable
application. Zip files have no notion of execute permissions.

For this reason I believe that it would be wise to distribute
the MacOS X distribution as tar.gz file, so others don't have
to work this out for themselves.

regards

Andre