[platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X port: native Tree/TreeItem

Hi Andre,
in August you wrote this mail to me:

Von:
Andre Weinand <weinand@xxxxxxx>
Datum: Fre, 23. Aug 2002 16:34:14 Europe/Berlin
An: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [platform-swt-dev] mac os x port
Antwort an: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Martin,

To my surprise I saw you implemented Tree2 and TreeItem2 classes.

Yeah, that's just a half day hack to see how a native Tree would
behave, how scalable it is, and what kind of problems there are...

[...]

Who´s doing the Tree implementation ? I don´t mind if you do it, I
just don´t want to do some work and see it has been done in the
meantime by someone else.

Just go ahead and do it. Mine was just experimentation (and because I
didn't hear anything from you).
If your impl. is better and more complete than what I did (very
likely), I will integrate it.

--andre
________

I´m frustrated and angry to see how far you succeeded implementing a native Tree/TreeItem on OS X.
You never asked how far my implementation is or whether I stopped the development.
In your mail you clearly state I should go on with my implementation. So why did you do it by yourself then?
I could have done other things if I had known that.
This behaviour is not the meaning of "community".

Back to the top