Re: [platform-swt-dev] mac os x port and swt examples

>at the moment i don´t want to deal with any HIView stuff, i´m still
>struggling to set up the native tree.

As part of our effort to support more native widgets, we are also trying to
add the native Tree.  Just thought I would let you know so that you do not
duplicate too much effort.  You can see our progress in the carbon_work
stream.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Martin Sturzenhecker   |
|         |           <msturzen@xxxxxxx>     |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           20/11/2002 05:59 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |        To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                    |
  |        cc:                                                                                                      |
  |        Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] mac os x port and swt examples                                           |

Am Mittwoch, 20.11.02 um 23:46 Uhr schrieb Andre Weinand:

>> i installed the M3 drop of eclipse for mac os x.2 and started the
>> fileviewer of org.eclipse.swt.examples.
>> i was shocked to see the table on the right hand side doesn´t get
>> updated, when a new directory is being selected.
>> i use os x.2.2 and started the example with the SWT_JDK by AW. the
>> last build i tested was with os x.1 and everything worked fine there.
>>
>> is it just some inconsitency in the examples or is it something else?
>> did i something wrong?
>
> Yes, I see the same behavior.
> As Veronika has explained in a previous posting, the MacOS X port of
> SWT in M3 was reverted to the M1 state + patches. Quite a few fixes
> done after M1 are not part of the M3 build.
> If you are interested in these fixes and other enhancements, you can
> build your own SWT based on the version 'CARBON_HIView'. However, the
> DataBrowser does not work with HIViews yet.
> --andre

hi,
thanks for your fast response.
at the moment i don´t want to deal with any HIView stuff, i´m still
struggling to set up the native tree.
but there´s another thing: the curly bracket "{" doesn´t work in
eclipse. "}" works fine.  just another one of the fixes that didn´t
make it to M3 ?
martin