Re: [platform-swt-dev] Eclipse and Os X system requirements

Its my experience that you need plenty of memory - and this is the mitigating factor. The processor plays the most important par only when you save (which automatically compiles your code) and do things like code insight, etc. But the more memory you have jam into your machine to help Eclipse, the faster everything will be.

I would say an iBook is not ideal, but acceptable - so long as it has at least 512MB RAM, if not more. I'm running on a G$ 876MHz DP with 768MB RAM, and this is a nice speed. The poultry 256MB Apple supply is no where near enough.

Hope this helps!

CraigP