Re: [platform-swt-dev] Having trouble following the "build JNI from CVS" instructions.

It is not really neccessary to write a makefile.  The instructions only
rely on the fact that Eclipse copies the resources (in this case the c
files, csh scripts  and make files) to one place where they can be run.  We
do not actually need any .class files in order to build the libraries.  I
will write instructions on how to copy all the little parts to the right
place but this is a bit tedious and differs from platform to platform so I
haven't rushed out and done it.

                      Zooko <zooko@xxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                        To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-swt-dev-admin@         cc:
                      eclipse.org                     Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Having trouble following the "build JNI from CVS"
                                                      instructions.

                      14/11/2002 09:12 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-swt-dev

Veronika:

Thanks for the explanation!  It sounds like I (and others who read the
updated
instructions) will be able to build now.

Hm.  No offense, but I prefer bash to eclipse.  Perhaps I will figure out
what
eclipse is doing and write a makefile or a build.xml to build from the
command
line.

Regards,

Zooko