[platform-swt-dev] HTML Widget

Since there was a posting about HTML editing I thought I would post about
something I have been thinking about lately.  Right now, on windows, there
is a very windows specific interface for setting up a generic connection to
an COM component and this is mainly used for bringing in the IE html control
(at least on Eclipse).  Now, on other platforms there are simular systems
for bringing in HTML controls (Photon as the PtWebClient widget, gtk has a
widget, and I am sure there is something on MacOS).

So, I was thinking of designing a new widget extended from Control named
Html.  It would have a set of listener lists and interfaces for loading and
controling webpages and each platform would simply provide thier own
implimentation.  I am just not sure the policy on accepting something that
will not work, and is not easily emulated, on all platforms (ie: motif).  I
am also interested in knowing if the SWT team at OTI has discussed this in
the past and if there have already been plans layed out for doing something
like this?

    thanks,
    chris

--
Chris McKillop <cdm@xxxxxxx>     "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Software Engineer, QSSL                   -- Lewis Carroll --

Back to the top