[platform-swt-dev] Combo on GTK crashes eclipse.

Hi,

 I am developing a plugin for eclipse which enables distributed pair programming (http://sangam.sourceforge.net)

 In our preference page I have made a customised ComboFieldEditor which is very similar to org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.ComboFieldEditor

 My class provides an Editable combo and saves all the items in the combo to the preference store. The code which adds items to the combo crashes eclipse (on GTK) giving the following stack trace. The same code works without any problem on "Motif"

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: Argument cannot be null

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:290)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Combo.setItems(Combo.java:996)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Combo.add(Combo.java:168)

at org.sangam....

this is followed by the message suggesting to close the workspace

Has anyone else faced similar problem? pointer to any resource that could help me find the problem will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Amit Rana.

Yahoo! - We Remember