RE: [platform-swt-dev] building native libraries for Linux/PPC

>I haven't seen any mention of differences between the procedures for 1.1 &
>2.0 in the FAQ.
The FAQ entry is for 2.0 and on.  1.1 is old and I didn't see any point in
adding the instructions for it.

>The directory specified doesn't exist.
>ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.linux.gtk.source exists, but it
>has no subdirectory src.
You are not downloading the drop from the download web page, you are going
directly to CVS.  The instructions you quoted are for accessing eclipse
from the download page not CVS.  The FAQ is however, incorrect, because it
does not put the OS in the path name.  On Windows there is no OS in the
path name but on the other platforms there is - I will correct this.

>The directory 'library' exists already in
>ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse SWT PI/gtk.
That is because you are accessing the code from CVS not the download from
the download page (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index.php).

> I haven't been able to define a new project outside
ECLIPSE_HOME/workspace
Do you mean you are starting eclipse with "-data" (e.g. eclipse -data
~/myworkspace).  Is it possible that you do not have the correct
permissions for the directory you have specified as your workspace?  It
should still not crash.

Back to the top