Re: [platform-swt-dev] building native libraries for Linux/PPC

I just updated the SWT FAQ last week and it is up to date.

Were you lloking at the following entry:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/faq.html#howbuilddll

What problems did you encounter?

                      Installe_Arnaud@xxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-swt-dev-admin@         cc:
                      eclipse.org                     Subject: [platform-swt-dev] building native libraries for Linux/PPC

                      14/10/2002 08:51 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-swt-dev

Hi,

I'd like to know how to get Eclipse running on the Linux/PPC platform.

From what I can see, there are no readily installable packages for this
platform.  So I thought I'd grab a source distribution, but that only
seemed
to include java code.  I've tried both from a source distribution, and from
CVS.  (These are the 2 possible ways suggested by the SWT FAQ.)

I can build the jar fine, but I can't find any C code for the native
libraries, nor can I find the *.mak file for it.

Is it possible the FAQ is out-of-date ?  I've checked out the
org.eclipse.swt & org.eclipse.swt.gtk projects from CVS.  Do I need any
other projects to build the native libraries ?

On a related topic, I've seen there's another *.so file as well
(libcore*.so
something), which I presume is needed as well.  Is there any FAQ I can read
to build that, or a mailing list where I can ask for more information about
that ?

Thanks for any help,

Arnaud

--