[platform-swt-dev] Can I use SWT for building an enterprise applications ?

Hi,
  I am developing image-processing module for application that will work as a part of a web server. I am currently using JDK 1.4 that supports server's environments without GUI, but on some operations standard AWT works slowly. I discover that SWT uses native OS functions to operate with graphics environment and now I am thinking about porting application from AWT to SWT.
  But there are still questions I have to get answers on.
 1. Does SWT support servers without XWindows running?
 2. How SWT supports multithreaded enterprise applications?
 3. How robust it is to maintain high calling rates?
 4. Does it reliable enough to be a part of a critical code?

Will be grateful for advice!

Back to the top