[platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X Downloads will be unavailable for a little while

We are in the process of making some significant changes to the Mac OS X
port.  The changes include adding support for HIView and making the code
base consist with other SWT ports.

As a result of this work, we expect the Mac development to be unstable for
the next little while.  In order to save you from the pain, we are going
to halt the build of Mac drops until we have things back in a good state.
This should not take long. The integration build 20021009 has the last
good Mac download.

Here is an example of some of the work we are doing:

We have released the first pass of reorganizing the PI layer.

Changes:
one to one mapping between OS API and native functions
moved helper classes out of org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon
moved some custom c code to swt2.c and OS2 and the rest we re-wrote in
Java (see non-native methods in OS2)
added classes to represent structs
re-added build.csh to be consistent with other platforms and modified ant
script to call build.csh

Outstanding issues:
OS2 class - need to move java code to the correct place
swt2.c - need to get rid of this custom c code
need to check all places that use Point and Rect, may still be some
short[] occurrences in JNI calls
move MacUtil out of org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon
Check occurrences of public api in Display, Image, GC and elsewhere - must
at least have carbon_ prefix
GetEventParameter takes short[] instead of Point
Adopt the ant script for generating the library on other platforms

Andre to check:
DrawText - removed ATSUI code - need to fix if required, we didn't see
where it was called
Andre to verify EraseRect in Image.init - order of parameters (used to be
height, width) seemed wrong
Display.createDisplay - is the code that was in OS.Init (and that is now
in the Java code) still neccessary

Back to the top