[platform-swt-dev] How can I capture WM_PARENTNOTIFY?

Hi, all,
This is my first post, so please be kind.

I am learning swt, and playing with embedding the IE webbrowser into it. I
met a problem when the IE browser control trying to destroy itself (for
example, a window.close() is run by javascript). In this case, the IE
browser control will fire a WM_PARENTNOTIFY message, I need to capture this
event and dispose the container of the IE browser control.

My problem is I don't kow how to capture the WM_PARENTNOTIFY event. I read
the swt code for win32, and find in the Control.java class, there is a
windowProc() method dealing with windows messages, and calling a lot of WM_*
functions. Unfortunately, windowProc() function is using the default access
level, and I can't inherit it in my sub-class.

Can anyone give me some hint how I can solve this problem?

thanks
jml

Back to the top