[platform-swt-dev] Finding undisposed OS resources

I've read the article about why it's not a good idea to dispose OS resources from the finalizer.

Well written and easy to understand, so I dispose my OS resources.

Unfortunately by forgetting to dispose my OS resources its easy to
make a leaking SWT program.

Is it possible to implement some sort of debug feature that can
tell you that the program contains some undisposed OS resources?

By checking for undisposed OS resources in the finalizer you could
get an indication of that something wasn't disposed.

Steen

Back to the top