Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X pot not part of (future) Eclipse 2.1 ?

You are assuming that a decision has been made not to include Mac OS X as a
target platform and that decision has not been made.

What you are looking at is a plan that is in the process of being
developed.  Note all the places where it says "None at this time".  We are
still discussing what will be on the plan.  Please be patient and give
input on what you think is important (with reasons).

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Sébastien Stormacq     |
|         |           <sebsto@xxxxxxx>       |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           09/10/2002 02:24 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                        |
  |        To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                           |
  |        cc:                                                                                                             |
  |        Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X pot not part of (future) Eclipse 2.1 ?                                     |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

I just read the draft plan for Eclipse 2.1 targeted for the end of this
calendar year (doc available at
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/
eclipse_project_plan_2_1.html) and I discovered that Mac OS X port is
not part of the target platforms.

Is a decision driven by political or technical factors ?

On the technical side, I am using Eclipse 2.0 on OS X on a daily basis
without any major problem... and many other people on the list surely
agree with this

Does anybody at OTI has more info on this ?

Thanks
--
Sébastien Stormacq
Chief Architect