Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X - Problems runningRuntime-Workbench

Hi,

On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 07:24 PM, Andre Weinand wrote:

Please make sure that the workspace containing the runtime workbench has no spaces in its path.
(It might be necessary to start with a fresh workspace).

Hope this helps (and I will investigate why spaces seem to be a problem)
--andre

Ok, found the problem: my wrapper script generates a MRJApp.properties file for the application bundle containing all the command line arguments for the Java VM. If one of these arguments contains a space, it will be passed to the Java VM as two arguments and there is no way to escape the space in the MRJApp.properties file to prevent this.

I also got the original script to work. Even though I moved Eclipse to new dir without any spaces I had "workspace data" pointing to old dir with spaces. Fixing that made it all work. Thanks!

Apple recommends the use of a Info.plist (XML) file which can deal with spaces.
I've already tried to use Info.plist instead of MRJApp.properties in 10.1.5 but couldn't get it to work because of bug r#2789297. However, this bug has been fixed in Jaguar and I have updated my wrapper script to generate a plist file.

The enclosed attachement contains the new wrapper script for 10.2 (Jaguar).
I dont't think it will work under 10.1.5 (but I haven't verified it).

I can in fact verify that it doesn't work in 10.1.5, but it doesn't matter much to me as the original now works and I should have Jaguar in a few days anyway.

Thanks.
-Vadim

Back to the top