Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X - Problems runningRuntime-Workbench

Hi,

Vadim,

Thanks for the hint, I was having similar problems. However after using this wrapper script I get the following error when trying to launch the "Runtime-Workbench".

[LaunchRunner Error] EclipseRuntimeLauncher.main(String[]) threw an exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal Error: Unable to locate matching org.eclipse.core.runtime plugin. at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformConfiguration.locateDefaultPlugins(
PlatformConfiguration.java:2212)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformConfiguration.<init>
(PlatformConfiguration.java:879)

any idea? Thanks. It loads fine if I don't use this wrapper script, but then the window is unusable :(

Please make sure that the workspace containing the runtime workbench has no spaces in its path.
(It might be necessary to start with a fresh workspace).

Hope this helps (and I will investigate why spaces seem to be a problem)
--andre

Ok, found the problem: my wrapper script generates a MRJApp.properties file for the application bundle containing all the command line arguments for the Java VM. If one of these arguments contains a space, it will be passed to the Java VM as two arguments and there is no way to escape the space in the MRJApp.properties file to prevent this.

Apple recommends the use of a Info.plist (XML) file which can deal with spaces.
I've already tried to use Info.plist instead of MRJApp.properties in 10.1.5 but couldn't get it to work because of bug r#2789297. However, this bug has been fixed in Jaguar and I have updated my wrapper script to generate a plist file.

The enclosed attachement contains the new wrapper script for 10.2 (Jaguar).
I dont't think it will work under 10.1.5 (but I haven't verified it).

Let me know if you find problems.

--andre