Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X - Problems runningRuntime-Workbench

Andre,

Thanks for the hint, I was having similar problems. However after using this wrapper script I get the following error when trying to launch the "Runtime-Workbench".

[LaunchRunner Error] EclipseRuntimeLauncher.main(String[]) threw an exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal Error: Unable to locate matching org.eclipse.core.runtime plugin. at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformConfiguration.locateDefaultPlugins(
PlatformConfiguration.java:2212)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformConfiguration.<init>
(PlatformConfiguration.java:879)

any idea? Thanks. It loads fine if I don't use this wrapper script, but then the window is unusable :(

I was also getting some other warnings about invalid plugin.xml descriptions until I moved eclipse to a directory structure that has no spaces in the names. But I don't know what's wrong with the above.

-Vadim

Hi Chris,

>I am trying to start a runtime-workbench using the 0822 drop. Eclipse
>starts without problems under OS X 10.2 and looks very nice but the
>runtime-workbench appears as a new window which cannot be activated,
>only closed or resized.
>This should work, so what am I doing wrong?

You haven't read the Readme :-)

 From the Readme:

How to run a SWT application

- If you launch a SWT based application on MacOS X it does not behave
like a 'normal'
    Mac application: it has no icon in the dock, no menu bar and you
cannot activate its windows.
    The script 'java' in 'SWT_JDK/bin' works arounds that problem.

- How to use the script:
    - adapt the value of the shell variable SWT_DLL.
    - within Eclipse create a new JRE 'SWT_JDK' in
'Preferences/Java/Installed JREs' and
      make it point to the SWT_JDK folder.
    - When creating a new Launch or Debug Configuration on the JRE tab
select your
      new 'SWT_JDK' instead of the standard one

Hope this helps,
--andre

Back to the top