Re: [platform-swt-dev] MacOS X Poll: Continue support for 10.1.5?

Definitely Jaguar. Eclipse and SWT are all about moving ahead, and so is Jaguar.

---
Pat

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 09:12  AM, Andre Weinand wrote:

Hi,
Since 08/24 MacOS X 10.2 (aka "Jaguar") is generally available.
I'm using Jaguar for almost 8 weeks now and I'm impressed by the
speed improvements (especially for Java), and overall robustness.

Recently I started to use APIs in the MacOS X port of SWT that are only available in Jaguar.
These APIs make porting of SWT much easier.

New Jaguar functionality that I can leverage:

- a new view system ("HIViews") that is much closer to SWT than the old ControlManager.
  I could get rid of ugly and slow emulation code.

- a Carbon ComboBox (and I hope a Toolbar and a ScrollView),

- support for calling Cocoa from Carbon (e.g. for leveraging the Cocoa Font Chooser),

And there is probably more...

I tried to find a way to support both 10.2 and 10.1.5 with a single swt.jar and two dlls. But it was just a pain: it made the code ugly and it slowed development down considerably (partially because I always had to reboot into the other OS...).

So here is my question:

I would like to drop support for 10.1.5 in all future drops of the MacOS X port of SWT.

Is this OK for you?

--andre