Re: [platform-swt-dev] How to refresh a control in another thread?

Just to get nick picky with it, this is actually a developer question. :)

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Jared Burns            |
|         |           <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           m>                     |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           08/23/2002 12:45 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |        To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                        |
  |        cc:                                                                                                          |
  |        Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] How to refresh a control in another thread?                                  |

This is a frequently asked question which should be asked on the newsgroup
(the place for user questions).

The answer is that you should post your code to the UI thread using
Display.asynchExec(Runnable) or Display.synchExec(Runnable). See the
Eclipse
codebase for examples.

- Jared