[platform-swt-dev] Using GObject stuff rather than GtkObject

Eclipse currently uses "GtkObject" calls all over the place, probably a
hold over from GTK 1. Since many objects delivered as components of new
widgets are not GtkObjects, but an instance of GtkObject's new parent
(GObject), we need to trim out calls to GtkObject in favour of their
GObject equivalents. I needed to do one conversion for the GtkTreeView
(which has non-GtkObjects that generate signals); moving the widget
table stuff from attaching data using gtk_object_set_user_data to
g_object_set_data.....but we probably should do this in general to avoid
future bumps in the road.

-Seth

Back to the top