Re: [platform-swt-dev] Compiling SWT and Eclipse on Solaris x86?

That worked a treat! Thanks for all the help!

On Monday 12 Aug 2002 3:20 pm, Grant Gayed wrote:
Ashley,

For some reason your X printing facilities aren't being found.  This could
be an X installation issue, though I've never heard of this before.

You should be able to work around this temporarily if you're willing to
disable printing in Eclipse.  Try adding -DNO_XPRINT_EXTENSIONS to your
make_solaris.mak file and recompile the swt libraries.  This will make the
CFLAGS block in your make_solaris.mak file look like:

CFLAGS = -O -s \
      -xarch=generic \
      -DSWT_VERSION=$(SWT_VERSION) \
      -DSOLARIS -DMOTIF -DCDE \
      -DNO_XPRINTING_EXTENSIONS \
      -KPIC \
      -I./ \
      -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/solaris \
      -I$(MOTIF_HOME)/include \
      -I$(CDE_HOME)/include

HTH,
Grant